We’re so excited that you’re considering a Sunday morning at Pond Springs!
Every church has their own unique styles, traditions and culture of worship. What ties all believers together, regardless of stylistic differences, is the shared Jesus tradition.
Guests are often best prepared to relax and enjoy their experience if they know a bit about what they might expect at a typical worship gathering.
A typical Sunday worship experience at Pond Springs:
- Casual dress is the norm
- A space that is warm and inviting
- A friendly, small-church welcome
- Call to worship with Scripture reading (shared participation by women and men in our call to worship)
- Blending of traditional hymns and contemporary music (we alternate between singing a cappella and with light instrumentation, such as guitar)
- “Offertory” (guests are not expected to make a financial donation, but this is a great time to pass along a Connection Card so that we can learn more about you)
- “Scripture Reading”/”Praise Prayer” (led by men and women)
- The Lord’s Table (we practice a weekly Communion/Eucharist that is open to all believers…everyone belongs at the table)
- King’s Kids (a class available during the sermon to kindergarten and under)
- A sermon that encourages, inspires, and equips (we cover series through books of the Bible, topical sermons, current events, special seasons, liturgies, etc. The sermon is usually about 25 minutes long and is provided in a casual, approachable style)
- A pastoral blessing of peace over the gathering to end the service
While this is what you might usually find during our weekly Sunday morning gathering, we leave ourselves open to creativity and change!
See You Soon at an Upcoming Gathering
Sunday Morning Devotional and Bible Class — 9:30 am
Sunday Fellowship — 10:30 am
LIVE Sunday Praise & Worship — 10:45 am
Wednesday Evening Online Bible Study — 7:00 pm